cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

jam

cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

jam
Hi,
I am very new to both ROS and linux and I am trying to install the openni_kinect stack from "http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_kinect". I can build(make) the code but running make install results in error after the command

sudo cp -f ./openni/build/openni/Platform/Linux/Redist/OpenNI-Bin-Dev-Linux-xx-v1.5.2.23/Samples/Config/* /etc/openni/

cp: cannot stat `./openni/build/openni/Platform/Linux/Redist/OpenNI-Bin-Dev-Linux-xx-v1.5.2.23/Samples/Config/*': No such file or directory
make: *** [install_openni] Error 1

When I run the same command after the error it copies the contents of .../Config to /etc/openni

Thank you,
Jam

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

Daniel Göhring
Hi,

have you installed the ros-distribution, e.g., like described in this
tutorial?
http://www.ros.org/wiki/electric/Installation/Ubuntu
http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_kinect

It's pretty easy under Ubuntu.
Just install, start the roscore and launch the openni-Launchfile.

Best,
Daniel

jam

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

jam

Hey Daniel, thanks for the quick.response. Yes I have installed ros as per the wiki and even tested a few tutorials. I have been following the steps for openni and when I try to do make install I get the error.
Thanks,
Jam

http://kinect-with-ros.976505.n3.nabble.com/cp-cannot-stat-error-in-make-install-for-openni-driver-tp3834049p3834070.html
To unsubscribe from cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver, click here.
NAML

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

Daniel Göhring
Ok, but which OS are you running? Which part of the installation are you
running. If you are under Ubuntu, you can just use

sudo apt-get install ros-electric-openni-kinect

If not under Ubuntu, which point of the tutorial have you tried to use for your installation?

jam

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

jam

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. I am running ubuntu 11.10 and I did use that, but I was under the impression that I still need to run the hg clone.. and  make install step under 3.2 for using it. Should sudo apt-get .... All I need to do?

Thanks
Jam

http://kinect-with-ros.976505.n3.nabble.com/cp-cannot-stat-error-in-make-install-for-openni-driver-tp3834049p3834092.html
To unsubscribe from cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver, click here.
NAML

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

Jochen Sprickerhof
* jaimeen kapadia <[hidden email]> [2012-03-17 03:24]:
> Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. I am running ubuntu 11.10 and I did
> use that, but I was under the impression that I still need to run the hg
> clone.. and  make install step under 3.2 for using it. Should sudo apt-get
> .... All I need to do?

Yes, it's all. (We are working on the hg stuff right now for the next
release).

> Thanks
> Jam

Cheers,

Jochen
owh

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

owh
@jam, jochen,

I hope you don't mind I ask a question on openni-kinect.  I have been using the ros-electric-openni-kinect and it requires calibration pose.  Is that the case for you, or am I not using the right version?  Thanks.

Regards
Hong

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

Jochen Sprickerhof
Hi Hong,

* owh <[hidden email]> [2012-03-18 00:59]:
> @jam, jochen,

This is an open group, so don't address someone personally unless you
are sure he is the only one knowing the answer ;).

> I hope you don't mind I ask a question on openni-kinect.  I have been using
> the ros-electric-openni-kinect and it requires calibration pose.  Is that
> the case for you, or am I not using the right version?  Thanks.

I guess you are talking about nite. I don't use it, but afaik you need
the calibration pose.

> Regards
> Hong

Cheers,

Jochen
owh

Re: [Ros-kinect] cp: cannot stat error in make install for openni driver

owh
My apology, I was replying to the thread of your discussion.  Many thanks for the reply.

Regards
Hong

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Jochen Sprickerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hong,

* owh <[hidden email]> [2012-03-18 00:59]:
> @jam, jochen,

This is an open group, so don't address someone personally unless you
are sure he is the only one knowing the answer ;).

> I hope you don't mind I ask a question on openni-kinect.  I have been using
> the ros-electric-openni-kinect and it requires calibration pose.  Is that
> the case for you, or am I not using the right version?  Thanks.

I guess you are talking about nite. I don't use it, but afaik you need
the calibration pose.

> Regards
> Hong

Cheers,