camera calibration

juliexie
Hello,

I am trying to calibrate the kinect camera using the tutorial at http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_camera/calibration. However, after running:

rosrun camera_calibration cameracalibrator.py --size 8x6 --square 0.108 image:=/camera/rgb/image_mono camera:=/camera/rgb
(it returns "error: no such option: --no-service-call" if I try to include that option)

it returns:
Waiting for service /camera/rgb/set_camera_info ...
Service not found

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks!
Julie

Re: [Ros-kinect] camera calibration

juliexie
Ok, thanks.

Using roslaunch openni_launch openni.launch returns an error:
[openni_launch] is not a package or launch file name

Sorry if these are silly questions, but would this mean that it wasn't properly installed?

Thanks!
Julie

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Dong.Chen [via Kinect with ROS] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nicola Fioraio
Hi Julie,

First, you may want to read about the openni stack
http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_kinect

Then
1) Check if openni_kinect is installed
sudo apt-get install ros-diamondback-openni-kinect

2) Launch the kinect node

roslaunch openni_camera openni_node.launch

3) Some basic commands/outputs:

rostopic list => You should read a lot of topic in the /camera namespace
rostopic hz /camera/rgb/points => It should be published at ~30Hz
rosrun image_view image_view image:=/camera/rgb/image_color => You should see the rgb image from the kinect
rosrun dynamic_reconfigure reconfigure_gui => From this GUI you can set various parameters

4) Now you can remap the input of your calibration node to the output of the running kinect node

cheers
--Nicola

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM, juliexie <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from the Kinect with ROS mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: [Ros-kinect] camera calibration

juliexie
Hi Nicola,

Thanks - everything seems to work up to the last step. (At http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_camera, it says the launch code is "roslaunch openni_launch openni.launch" - is this an error?)

When running
rosrun camera_calibration cameracalibrator.py --size 8x6 --square 0.108 image:=/camera/rgb/image_mono camera:=/camera/rgb

I still get an error:
Waiting for service /camera/rgb/set_camera_info ...
Service not found

I think that the option --no-service-call might have been included in the tutorial to deal with this, but when I include that, I get a different error:
cameracalibrator.py: error: no such option: --no-service-call

I'm not sure I have a calibration node at this point - at least not until I get past this step.

Thanks again,
Julie

Re: [Ros-kinect] camera calibration

Anas El Fathi
Hi juliexie

I am also a beginner, I have just bought my kinect and I am trying the openni_kinect.

I have the same error when I try the option  --no-service-cal, and I have the same problem when trying the launch file proposed in the calibration tutorial ..

but I managed to launch the cameracalibrator.py, by just running the node openni_launch:

roslaunch openni_launch openni.launch

and in another terminal

rosrun camera_calibration cameracalibrator.py --size nbrofsqure --square size
image:=/camera/rgb/image_mono camera:=/camera/rgb

Screenshot-display.png

can someone explain to me what to do after ? I can't hit the commit button !!!

I have another problem openni_kinect isn't publishing anything in /camera/rgb/points !

Thank you,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:39 PM, juliexie <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

to calibrate a camera you need to show the pattern to the calibrator node, viewed from
different directions and at different distances; see
http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera_calibration/Tutorials/MonocularCalibration

--Nicola

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Anas El Fathi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I will try the calibration when I get a large check-board.

I still can't get  /camera/rgb/points published, in fact when I launch openni_kinect I got this error:

roslaunch openni_launch openni.launch

[ERROR] [1314391043.008604953]: Tried to advertise a service that is already advertised in this node [/camera/depth_registered/image_rect_raw/compressed/set_parameters]
[ERROR] [1314391043.017844750]: Tried to advertise a service that is already advertised in this node [/camera/depth_registered/image_rect_raw/theora/set_parameters]

And

rostopic list | grep rgb
/camera/rgb/camera_info
/camera/rgb/image_color
/camera/rgb/image_color/compressed
/camera/rgb/image_color/compressed/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_color/compressed/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_color/theora
/camera/rgb/image_color/theora/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_color/theora/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_mono
/camera/rgb/image_mono/compressed
/camera/rgb/image_mono/compressed/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_mono/compressed/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_mono/theora
/camera/rgb/image_mono/theora/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_mono/theora/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_raw
/camera/rgb/image_raw/compressed
/camera/rgb/image_raw/compressed/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_raw/compressed/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_raw/theora
/camera/rgb/image_raw/theora/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_raw/theora/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_rect
/camera/rgb/image_rect/compressed
/camera/rgb/image_rect/compressed/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_rect/compressed/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_rect/theora
/camera/rgb/image_rect/theora/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_rect/theora/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color/compressed
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color/compressed/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color/compressed/parameter_updates
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color/theora
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color/theora/parameter_descriptions
/camera/rgb/image_rect_color/theora/parameter_updates

there is no /camera/rgb/points !

Thank you.