[Ros-kinect] problem with demo

sahilarora946
I just installed ROS-diamondback and tried to run handdetection demo

rosmake hand_interaction
-this command worked fine without any error.
roslaunch hand_interaction finger_detector.launch
Now this command launched a window similar to the one in the top left corner in the image attached.Also it detected the skeleton
as in the figure. But I didn't see the remaining portion of the figure which shows hands only with the skeleton model not the body.
Am I missing something? How to launch that window. Do I need to do something else also. Please reply quick

--
Sahil Arora
B.Tech 2nd year

detectfinger.jpg (267K) Download Attachment

Re: [Ros-kinect] problem with demo

Stefano Michieletto

Am I missing something? How to launch that window. Do I need to do something else also. Please reply quick

Hi Sahil,
    the window you see in background comes from rviz, so you can run it by
rosrun rviz rviz
from another terminal. From the program you have to open the right configuration
/config/fingerdetection.vcg
you can find it in the folder given by
rospack find hand_interaction
I hope it works.
Cheers,
Stefano

Stefano Michieletto

PhD Student
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Lab (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
Faculty of Engineering, The University of Padua
Via Ognissanti 72, I-35129 Padova, Italy

email: [hidden email]
phone: +390498277833