[Ros-kinect] getting in a fix to flann

John Muccigrosso
A month or so back, Kevin posted about flann's Makefile having the install_name_tool line commented out incorrectly for os x (Darwin). Subsequently I've had to apply his fix and also edited the manifest.xml to remove references to a non-existent lib64 subdirectory. I put what I did in my answer to my own question here:

http://answers.ros.org/question/243/perception_pcl-error-with-flann

So I'm wondering how this gets evaluated for inclusion in future versions of flann (1.6.8 still has both issues). Is there anything I can do?

Thanks from a newbie!

John

Re: [Ros-kinect] getting in a fix to flann

rusu
Administrator
John,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, we missed your question/post on answers.ros.org.

My advice is this:
  * for any PCL (including perception_pcl, and thus including FLANN) related problems, try sending an e-mail to
[hidden email]. That's going to guarantee a quick reply from us. Marius (the author of FLANN) is a PCL developer
and the maintainer of the FLANN ROS package, and is frequently replying on the mailing list;

  * for any bug that you might find and that deserves a fix, create a ticket :) Once the ticket is up, we'll make sure
it goes to the right person, and that the next release gets the fix.

Thanks,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org