[Ros-kinect] artificially reduce primesense framerate

[Ros-kinect] artificially reduce primesense framerate

Michael Krainin
Hi all,

I just started poking around the openni drivers, and I was wondering
if there's a straightforward way to reduce the rate at which frames
are produced by openni_node. I only need 5-10Hz, so for reasons of
computational power, bandwidth (if I'm sending over a network), and
disk space (if I'm recording to bag files), it's preferable that
openni_node not be processing or spitting out more data than needed.
Would this require adding additional modes to
openni_device_primesense.cpp?

Thanks,
Mike