[Ros-kinect] Using multiple laser scanners

[Ros-kinect] Using multiple laser scanners

Anas El Fathi
Hi, aarons  and Ivan Dryanovski

It is my first time using the mail list,

I have asked a question in ros.answers : here but I didn't get any answer so I am following the same question in this mail list :

I have 3 laser sensor in my robot and I was wondering if I can use the data from the 3 to generate a map by slam_gmapping. if slam_gmapping accepte pointCloud that will solve my problem, hence, I wanted to know before trying to change the code, did you managed to do that ?

Thank you,

Re: [Ros-kinect] Using multiple laser scanners

rusu
Administrator
Anas,

ros-kinect@ is about questions/conversations regarding the Kinect sensor :)

Regarding an answer on ros.questions/answers, you need be patient. Someone will get to it.

(PS. While I cannot help answer your question, you can try firing up feature requests on the ROS ticket tracker, if you
know precisely what you want and roughly if it's achievable. That puts you in direct contact with the creators/authors
of a specific package, which might not always immediately see all the e-mails on a list with many subscribers/emails
floating around. Good luck!)

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org

On 08/16/2011 07:21 AM, Anas El Fathi wrote:

> Hi, aarons <http://answers.ros.org/users/239/aarons/>  and Ivan Dryanovski
> <http://answers.ros.org/users/79/ivan-dryanovski/>
>
> It is my first time using the mail list,
>
> I have asked a question in ros.answers : here
> <http://answers.ros.org/question/262/using-multiple-laser-scanners#3043> but I didn't get any answer so I am following
> the same question in this mail list :
>
> I have 3 laser sensor in my robot and I was wondering if I can use the data from the 3 to generate a map by
> slam_gmapping. if slam_gmapping accepte pointCloud that will solve my problem, hence, I wanted to know before trying to
> change the code, did you managed to do that ?
>
> Thank you,

Re: [Ros-kinect] Using multiple laser scanners

Tully Foote
Hi Anas,

Where you linked, you asked a question in the answers section for
another question.  You should create ask a new question on
answers.ros.org and then people will be more likely to see it.

Tully

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Radu B. Rusu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anas,
>
> ros-kinect@ is about questions/conversations regarding the Kinect sensor :)
>
> Regarding an answer on ros.questions/answers, you need be patient. Someone will get to it.
>
> (PS. While I cannot help answer your question, you can try firing up feature requests on the ROS ticket tracker, if you
> know precisely what you want and roughly if it's achievable. That puts you in direct contact with the creators/authors
> of a specific package, which might not always immediately see all the e-mails on a list with many subscribers/emails
> floating around. Good luck!)
>
> Cheers,
> Radu.
> --
> Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org
>
> On 08/16/2011 07:21 AM, Anas El Fathi wrote:
>> Hi, aarons <http://answers.ros.org/users/239/aarons/>  and Ivan Dryanovski
>> <http://answers.ros.org/users/79/ivan-dryanovski/>
>>
>> It is my first time using the mail list,
>>
>> I have asked a question in ros.answers : here
>> <http://answers.ros.org/question/262/using-multiple-laser-scanners#3043> but I didn't get any answer so I am following
>> the same question in this mail list :
>>
>> I have 3 laser sensor in my robot and I was wondering if I can use the data from the 3 to generate a map by
>> slam_gmapping. if slam_gmapping accepte pointCloud that will solve my problem, hence, I wanted to know before trying to
>> change the code, did you managed to do that ?
>>
>> Thank you,

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.
[hidden email]
(650) 475-2827

Re: [Ros-kinect] Using multiple laser scanners

Anas El Fathi
Hi,

I did that because my question was related to the first question ... And a precise answer was not given in the end of the conversation ...

For now I am not really stuck somewhere  ... I will re-ask my question in a new topic if I have trouble changing "slam_gmapping" to accept pointcloud.

Thank you,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Tully Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anas,

Where you linked, you asked a question in the answers section for
another question.  You should create ask a new question on
answers.ros.org and then people will be more likely to see it.

Tully

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Radu B. Rusu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anas,
>
> ros-kinect@ is about questions/conversations regarding the Kinect sensor :)
>
> Regarding an answer on ros.questions/answers, you need be patient. Someone will get to it.
>
> (PS. While I cannot help answer your question, you can try firing up feature requests on the ROS ticket tracker, if you
> know precisely what you want and roughly if it's achievable. That puts you in direct contact with the creators/authors
> of a specific package, which might not always immediately see all the e-mails on a list with many subscribers/emails
> floating around. Good luck!)
>
> Cheers,
> Radu.
> --
> Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org
>
> On 08/16/2011 07:21 AM, Anas El Fathi wrote:
>> Hi, aarons <http://answers.ros.org/users/239/aarons/>  and Ivan Dryanovski
>> <http://answers.ros.org/users/79/ivan-dryanovski/>
>>
>> It is my first time using the mail list,
>>
>> I have asked a question in ros.answers : here
>> <http://answers.ros.org/question/262/using-multiple-laser-scanners#3043> but I didn't get any answer so I am following
>> the same question in this mail list :
>>
>> I have 3 laser sensor in my robot and I was wondering if I can use the data from the 3 to generate a map by
>> slam_gmapping. if slam_gmapping accepte pointCloud that will solve my problem, hence, I wanted to know before trying to
>> change the code, did you managed to do that ?
>>
>> Thank you,

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.