[Ros-kinect] Reading data from all 4 kinect microphones under ROS with Openni

[Ros-kinect] Reading data from all 4 kinect microphones under ROS with Openni

Daniel Göhring
Hello,

I am using the Kinect with Openni under ROS (electric and Ubuntu 11.10),
so far everything works fine.
Now I was looking for a way to read data from all 4 microphones. I could
record 4 audio data files with libfreenect (without ROS), but is there a
ROS-package which provides data from all 4 kinect microphones, using the
Openni?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: [Ros-kinect] Reading data from all 4 kinect microphones under ROS with Openni

Daniel Göhring
Thanks for the quick help. I tried the Hark project earlier but the
package installation seems not to be made for oneiric (11.10 Ubuntu),
but for lucid only (10.4):

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://winnie.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/HARK/harkrepos lucid non-free\ndeb-src http://winnie.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/HARK/harkrepos lucid non-free" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hark.list'

Changing the string lucid to oneiric results in a page not found (404
error).

So I tried using the lucid repository, but when executing the following
line:

sudo apt-get install harkfd hark-ros-electric hark-ros-turtlebot-stack-electric

I get the following error, maybe this is because the lucid-version does not fit:
------
 hark-ros-electric : Depends: libboost-signals1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1) but it is not installable
                     Depends: libboost-thread1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1) but it is not installable
 hark-ros-turtlebot-stack-electric : Depends: libboost-signals1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1) but it is not installable
                                     Depends: libboost-thread1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1) but it is not installable
 harkfd : Depends: libboost-thread1.40.0 (>= 1.40.0-1) but it is not installable
          Depends: libharkio1 but it is not going to be installed
------

My libboost-signals and libboost-thread is version 1.46, I reinstalled it, but the error remains. Maybe I have to try the installation from source files or try it on a different machine. Are there other known packages which might work with four mics, or other suggestions?

Best and thanks again,
Daniel

Karthik Desingh wrote:

> This might help
> you http://winnie.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/HARK/wiki.cgi?page=HARK-ROS-TURTLEBOT+Installation+Instructions
>
> 2012/3/18 Daniel Göhring <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am using the Kinect with Openni under ROS (electric and Ubuntu
>     11.10), so far everything works fine.
>     Now I was looking for a way to read data from all 4 microphones. I
>     could record 4 audio data files with libfreenect (without ROS),
>     but is there a ROS-package which provides data from all 4 kinect
>     microphones, using the Openni?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Daniel

> Thanks,
> Karthik

Re: [Ros-kinect] Reading data from all 4 kinect microphones under ROS with Openni

Karthik Desingh
You are more likely to get answers when you post them in answers.ros.org than here. These are installation issues and would be answered very quickly over there. You might post here if your question is not answered there.

P.S: Pls search for the similar questions before asking one.