[Ros-kinect] Kinect calibration

Juergen Sturm
Hi all,

when I was looking for a solution to calibrate the depth and RGB camera
of the Kinect simultaneously, I found in the ROS.org wiki that currently
no calibration procedure exists:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_camera/calibration (at the bottom)

However, until a few month ago, there was a simple procedure in the wiki
based on the old kinect driver (which has been deleted in the mean time):

http://www.ros.org/wiki/kinect/Tutorials/Calibrating%20the%20Kinect?action=recall&rev=11

I was wondering what the recommended way is at the moment to calibrate
RGB and depth. One option would be to calibrate the Kinect with the old
procedure, and manually copy the values to the parameter file of the
openni_camera node... Or is there a better way? Or is the factory
calibration accurate enough anyway?

Cheers
Juergen

Re: [Ros-kinect] Kinect calibration

Suat Gedikli
Hi,

we are currently working on the calibration and there will be a new openni_kinect stack released soon.

-Suat

Suat

Re: [Ros-kinect] Kinect calibration

Juergen Sturm
Hi Suat,

great, thanks for the quick reply. When do you think that the new stack
will become available? I would also volunteer for beta-testing the
calibration procedure..

Greetings from TUM,
Juergen