[Ros-kinect] Kinect Camera with Ubuntu using ROS

[Ros-kinect] Kinect Camera with Ubuntu using ROS

bala suru
Hi,

I'm new to the ROS and Kinect .
I came across with Kinect integration with ubuntus using ROS .

I want to integrate the Kinect and capture the raw data and convert in to 3D video .

Can any one tell me how to go with this using ROS library  ..?

rgds

Bala

Re: [Ros-kinect] Kinect Camera with Ubuntu using ROS

Kevin Walchko

start with the ROS tutorials (http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials) and search answers.ros.org for kinect.

On Nov 20, 2011, at 12:01 PM, bala suru wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the ROS and Kinect .
> I came across with Kinect integration with ubuntus using ROS .
>
> I want to integrate the Kinect and capture the raw data and convert in to 3D video .
>
> Can any one tell me how to go with this using ROS library  ..?
>

> rgds
>
> Bala

Re: [Ros-kinect] Kinect Camera with Ubuntu using ROS

bala suru
Hi,
I have installed the ROS packeges ,  I could  not get proper information about how to read kinect sensor and play the video from that ,,?

pls help ..

rgds

Bala

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Kevin Walchko <[hidden email]> wrote:

start with the ROS tutorials (http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials) and search answers.ros.org for kinect.

On Nov 20, 2011, at 12:01 PM, bala suru wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the ROS and Kinect .
> I came across with Kinect integration with ubuntus using ROS .
>
> I want to integrate the Kinect and capture the raw data and convert in to 3D video .
>
> Can any one tell me how to go with this using ROS library  ..?
>

> rgds
>
> Bala

Re: [Ros-kinect] Kinect Camera with Ubuntu using ROS

Alaina Hardie
If you're new to ROS, you need spend some time learning about ROS before you start messing with the Kinect. Kevin's advice to start with the ROS tutorials is sound.

I don't know of any good tutorials for using the Kinect in ROS programmatically. I had to learn about it through trial and error. There's a new(ish) Turtlebot tutorial you might find useful, though:

It does exactly what you ask for below, which is to display the video from the Kinect. You'll have to install the Turtlebot software to make it work, but once you do that and poke around you will see how it functions.

But again, you need to know a little bit about ROS to really get anything out of it.

- A

Hi,