[Ros-kinect] Installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack

[Ros-kinect] Installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack

se7oluti0n
Hi everyone !

I'm installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack on Ubuntu 10.10. I have finished all the steps in the guide,
but when I try to launch the hand_detector demos, i got this error message :

ERROR: cannot launch node of type [skeletal_tracker/tracker]: Cannot locate node of type [tracker] in package [skeletal_tracker]

I guest the problem cause by skeletal_tracker so I try to remake skeletal_tracker by using " rosmake skeletal_tracker " and I found :

[rosmake-1] Starting >>> skeletal_tracker [ make ]
[rosmake-1] Finished <<< skeletal_tracker [SKIP] No rule to make target None

 And in skeletal_tracker's bin folder , i can't find any executable file.

Can anyone help me solve this problem ?

Thank in advance.

Manh Tuan Truong
Ritsumeikan University
College of Information Science and Engineering
Department of Human and Computer Intelligence
Computer Vision Laboratory

チュン・トゥアン・マイン
立命館大学情報理工学部知能情報学科
コンピュータビジョン研究室

email : [hidden email]

Re: [Ros-kinect] Installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack

Tully Foote

Could you post what directions you are following and more context about whats going wrong.  The only thing evident at the moment is that your missing a makefile.

Tully

On May 9, 2011 1:39 AM, "Manh Tuan Truong" <manhattan.vn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone !
>
> I'm installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack on Ubuntu 10.10. I have finished
> all the steps in the guide,
> but when I try to launch the hand_detector demos, i got this error message
> :
>
> ERROR: *cannot launch node of type [skeletal_tracker/tracker]: Cannot locate
> node of type [tracker] in package [skeletal_tracker]*
>
> I guest the problem cause by skeletal_tracker so I try to remake
> skeletal_tracker by using " rosmake skeletal_tracker " and I found :
>
> *[rosmake-1] Starting >>> skeletal_tracker [ make ]
>
> *
> *[rosmake-1] Finished <<< skeletal_tracker [SKIP] No rule to make target
> None *
>
> ** And in skeletal_tracker's bin folder , i can't find any executable file.
>
> Can anyone help me solve this problem ?
>
> Thank in advance.

> Manh Tuan Truong
> Ritsumeikan University
> College of Information Science and Engineering
> Department of Human and Computer Intelligence
> Computer Vision Laboratory
>
> チュン・トゥアン・マイン
> 立命館大学情報理工学部知能情報学科
> コンピュータビジョン研究室
>
> email : manhattan.vn@gmail.com

Re: [Ros-kinect] Installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack

alaaawad
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Ros-kinect] Installing Kinect Demos for DiamondBack

Giovanni Saponaro
On 31 May 2011 20:39, alaaawad <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. The skeletal tracker won't build. Did you find a
> solution?  I followed the general installation instructions exactly from
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/mit-ros-pkg/KinectDemos using ubuntu 10.10.

Dear Alaa,

I suggest you ask a new question on http://answers.ros.org , providing
the full error message that you get.
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS myself and successfully built skeletal_tracker.

HTH,
-Giovanni