[Ros-kinect] How to use the nite package.

[Ros-kinect] How to use the nite package.

Arturo Escobedo
Hi everybody!!

I'm a beginner with ROS, and I'm using the ros openni_kinect stack (ubuntu 10.04 and ros diamondback) I can run the openni_camera package and the openni_tracker and I'm able to display the point clouds in rviz as it's described in the documentation.

However I would like to know how can I display the camera data and skeleton provided from openni_tracker in the PRIME SENSE USER TRACKER VIEWER. I think the node I need should be in the nite package but this is empty. I have found some examples where it can be done but using the deprecated kinect stack.

Does anybody know how can I do this using openni_kinect stack?

Thanks in advance

Re: [Ros-kinect] How to use the nite package.

Thorsten Engelhardt
On 20.04.2011 16:57, Arturo Escobedo wrote:
Hi everybody!!

I'm a beginner with ROS, and I'm using the ros openni_kinect stack (ubuntu 10.04 and ros diamondback) I can run the openni_camera package and the openni_tracker and I'm able to display the point clouds in rviz as it's described in the documentation.

However I would like to know how can I display the camera data and skeleton provided from openni_tracker in the PRIME SENSE USER TRACKER VIEWER. I think the node I need should be in the nite package but this is empty. I have found some examples where it can be done but using the deprecated kinect stack.

Does anybody know how can I do this using openni_kinect stack?

Thanks in advance
_______________________________________________ Ros-kinect mailing list [hidden email] https://code.ros.org/mailman/listinfo/ros-kinect
rosrun openni_tracker SampleNi-UserTracker should do it

On 20.04.2011 17:05, Thorsten Engelhardt wrote:
[...]

Sorry, my fault, it must be

rosrun openni SampleNiUserTracker

Cheers
Thorsten

Re: [Ros-kinect] How to use the nite package.

Arturo Escobedo
Hello Thorsten,
The problem is that there isn't any rosnode as SampleNiUserTracker in the openni package of openni_kinect stack. So when I try to use  rosrun openni SampleNiUserTracker  it doesn't work.

How can i get the missing nodes?

My

2011/4/20 Thorsten Engelhardt <[hidden email]>
[...]

PhuocAVL
Hi Arturo,
I met the same problem with you. Have you fixed it?
Regards,
Phuoc Nguyen