[Ros-kinect] Directory Structure and rosdep.yaml

[Ros-kinect] Directory Structure and rosdep.yaml

Bill Morris
Is there a good reason for the current directory structure?

I am under the impression that the directory structure for ROS packages
should be    .../stack/package/...

kinect/kinect/kinect_camera has an extra 'kinect' directory that seems
to be there to hold another version of rosdep.yaml, which seems to be
causing problems.

Should I fix this or is someone else going to?

~/ros/stacks/ros-pkg-git/kinect$ more rosdep.yaml
libusb1.0:
  ubuntu: libusb-1.0-0-dev

~/ros/stacks/ros-pkg-git/kinect/kinect$ more rosdep.yaml
libusb:
  ubuntu: libusb-1.0-0-dev

~/ros/stacks/ros-pkg-git/kinect/kinect/kinect_camera$ rosdep install
kinect_camera
Failed to find rosdep libusb for package kinect_camera on OS:ubuntu
version:10.04
ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'libusb'] could not be resolved

Re: [Ros-kinect] Directory Structure and rosdep.yaml

Tully Foote

It should be switched. However as there are many people hacking at the moment it could break local changes in peoples trees which is why I didn't just do it.  We can fix it later.

Your rosdep problem is independant.  It is defined appropriately for lucid.  Make sure the kinect stack is in your path. And its listed in rosstack list.  For clarity we probably should delete the intermediate/ unused rosdep.yaml.  could you do that bill.  Im away from the computer until tomorrow.

Tully