[Ros-kinect] Automated testing

Tully Foote
Hi there,

I have spun up the kinect stack on Hudson.  This will be polling for
changes to the master branch on 5 minute intervals and automatically
building.  This should email your git registered email address in case
of a regression.  Currently it's only on unstable, but I will be rolling
out cturtle soon too Here's an example, the other 3 active builds are
all available in the downstream links.
http://build.willowgarage.com/job/devel_unstable_kinect_lucid_amd64/

At the moment we don't have any unit tests, which means it will only be
doing build tests.  But hopefully this will help keep our build from
breaking.

Tully

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

Ken Conley
Awesome.  Thanks for setting this up.  I hoping we can do some
experimental releases this week so that we can have debians ready for
others to try out.

 - Ken

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Tully Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have spun up the kinect stack on Hudson.  This will be polling for
> changes to the master branch on 5 minute intervals and automatically
> building.  This should email your git registered email address in case
> of a regression.  Currently it's only on unstable, but I will be rolling
> out cturtle soon too Here's an example, the other 3 active builds are
> all available in the downstream links.
> http://build.willowgarage.com/job/devel_unstable_kinect_lucid_amd64/
>
> At the moment we don't have any unit tests, which means it will only be
> doing build tests.  But hopefully this will help keep our build from
> breaking.
>
> Tully

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

Tully Foote
Ken,
What do you think of offering this directly to libfreenect?  Just spin
up a side hudson job for them.

Tully

On 11/22/2010 09:10 AM, Ken Conley wrote:

> Awesome.  Thanks for setting this up.  I hoping we can do some
> experimental releases this week so that we can have debians ready for
> others to try out.
>
>   - Ken
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Tully Foote<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have spun up the kinect stack on Hudson.  This will be polling for
>> changes to the master branch on 5 minute intervals and automatically
>> building.  This should email your git registered email address in case
>> of a regression.  Currently it's only on unstable, but I will be rolling
>> out cturtle soon too Here's an example, the other 3 active builds are
>> all available in the downstream links.
>> http://build.willowgarage.com/job/devel_unstable_kinect_lucid_amd64/
>>
>> At the moment we don't have any unit tests, which means it will only be
>> doing build tests.  But hopefully this will help keep our build from
>> breaking.
>>
>> Tully

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

rusu
Administrator
I think we need to do this at least for our fork of libfreenect, to guarantee that our individual commits are not
breaking kinect_camera.

Good job!

Cheers,
Radu.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Tully Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ken,
> What do you think of offering this directly to libfreenect?  Just spin
> up a side hudson job for them.
>
> Tully

Sounds like a good idea to me.  It would help us too -- i.e. mark good
points to merge.

 - Ken

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

Tully Foote
The existing build of the kinect stack does already test our branch of
libfreenect.

Tully

On 11/22/2010 09:34 AM, Radu Bogdan Rusu wrote:

> I think we need to do this at least for our fork of libfreenect, to
> guarantee that our individual commits are not breaking kinect_camera.
>
> Good job!
>
> Cheers,
> Radu.
>

> On 11/22/2010 09:31 AM, Tully Foote wrote:
>> Ken,
>> What do you think of offering this directly to libfreenect?  Just spin
>> up a side hudson job for them.
>>
>> Tully
>>
>> On 11/22/2010 09:10 AM, Ken Conley wrote:
>>> Awesome.  Thanks for setting this up.  I hoping we can do some
>>> experimental releases this week so that we can have debians ready for
>>> others to try out.
>>>
>>>    - Ken

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

rusu
Administrator
Awesome!

Cheers,
Radu.

On 11/22/2010 09:40 AM, Tully Foote wrote:

> The existing build of the kinect stack does already test our branch of libfreenect.
>
> Tully
>
> On 11/22/2010 09:34 AM, Radu Bogdan Rusu wrote:
>> I think we need to do this at least for our fork of libfreenect, to guarantee that our individual commits are not
>> breaking kinect_camera.
>>
>> Good job!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Radu.
>>

>> On 11/22/2010 09:31 AM, Tully Foote wrote:
>>> Ken,
>>> What do you think of offering this directly to libfreenect? Just spin
>>> up a side hudson job for them.
>>>
>>> Tully

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

Wim Meeussen
> I have spun up the kinect stack on Hudson.  This will be polling for
> changes to the master branch on 5 minute intervals and automatically
> building.  This should email your git registered email address in case
> of a regression.  Currently it's only on unstable, but I will be rolling
> out cturtle soon too Here's an example, the other 3 active builds are
> all available in the downstream links.
> http://build.willowgarage.com/job/devel_unstable_kinect_lucid_amd64/

I generated the same tests for cturtle, as this is still our primary
release target until Diamondback.

Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.
<http://www.willowgarage.com)

Re: [Ros-kinect] Automated testing

rusu
Administrator
We're 100% not using any code from unstable in the drivers, so we should be fine with cturtle.

Cheers,
Radu.