[Ros-kinect] Auto white balance for the Kinect?

[Ros-kinect] Auto white balance for the Kinect?

Patrick Goebel
Hello Kinect users,

I am trying to do face tracking using a Kinect and the OpenCV CamShift
filter.  The approach works nicely with a regular webcam but when I try
it with the Kinect, the white balance seems to be shifted toward
"yellow/orange" such that almost everything in the background (like
white walls) matches a selected patch of skin on the face.  Is there a
way to turn on some form of "auto white balancing" on the Kinect?
Alternatively, can it be corrected using OpenCV?

Thanks!
patrick

http://www.pirobot.org