[Ros-kinect] Aligned depth and color images

[Ros-kinect] Aligned depth and color images

Boris Lau
Hi,

what is the best way to obtain RGBD images for use in openCV, containing
color and depth values, both aligned in the color camera frame?

I'd like to avoid doing this alignment myself, since it's already
somewhere in the openni_kinect code. But Taking an XYZRGB point cloud
and transforming it into a depth image sounds like a detour...

Or should I do this without openni_kinect at all?

Thanks for any pointers
Boris

--
Boris Lau

Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
Institute of Computer Science, Autonomous Intelligent Systems Group
Georges-Koehler-Allee 079, D-79110 Freiburg, Germany

Building 079, Room 1005
Phone: +49 761 203-8012 | Mobile: +49 174 9436758
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~lau

Re: [Ros-kinect] Aligned depth and color images

Juergen Sturm
Hi Boris,

by default, depth and color images are automatically registered, so you
don't have to do anything special. It can be disabled using
dynamic_reconfigure (see Section 5, setting "depth_registration",
http://www.ros.org/wiki/openni_camera).

Cheers
Juergen