Re: [Ros-kinect] [PCL-users] openni_device.cpp @ 159 : starting image stream failed. Reason: Bad Parameter sent to the device!

Dejan Pangercic
Dear all,

our Kinect started randomly failing with the following errors:
"""
 what():  virtual void
openni_wrapper::OpenNIDevice::startImageStream() @
/u/pangerci/ros/openni_ros/openni_camera/src/openni_device.cpp @ 159 :
starting image stream failed. Reason: Xiron OS got an event timeout!

Error: virtual void openni_wrapper::OpenNIDevice::startDepthStream() @
/u/pangerci/ros/openni_ros/openni_camera/src/openni_device.cpp @ 182 :
starting depth stream failed. Reason: Xiron OS got an event timeout!
"""
We are running it on a 64-bit 10.04 Ubuntu (on a PR2 robot) and are
using the default branch from the following repository:
https://kforge.ros.org/openni/openni_ros (changeset:   293:3f9482e82dd5).
Anyone with an advice as to where to start debugging?

cheers, D.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Juan Rivera Bautista
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Thanks for all your help...
> I finally solve my problem, installing the drivers from ROS, open_kinect.
> I install openni and open_kinect from ROS, and don't install PrimeSensor...
> I finally can get the image and the depth image...
> Thanks...
> Regards

MSc. Dejan Pangercic
PhD Student/Researcher
Intelligent Autonomous Systems Group
Technische Universit√§t M√ľnchen
Telephone: +49 (89) 289-26908
E-Mail: [hidden email]
WWW: http://ias.cs.tum.edu/people/pangercic

Re: [Ros-kinect] [PCL-users] openni_device.cpp @ 159 : starting image stream failed. Reason: Bad Parameter sent to the device!

rusu
Administrator
Dejan,

This is not appropriate for pcl-users@ as it's a ROS issue. Please don't cross-post.

Kinect issues like that are usually solved by powering off the sensor/replugging it. If you haven't changed your source
code at all, it's clearly a hardware issue.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
Point Cloud Library (PCL) - http://pointclouds.org

On 04/20/2011 01:57 PM, Dejan Pangercic wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> our Kinect started randomly failing with the following errors:
> """
>   what():  virtual void
> openni_wrapper::OpenNIDevice::startImageStream() @
> /u/pangerci/ros/openni_ros/openni_camera/src/openni_device.cpp @ 159 :
> starting image stream failed. Reason: Xiron OS got an event timeout!
>
> Error: virtual void openni_wrapper::OpenNIDevice::startDepthStream() @
> /u/pangerci/ros/openni_ros/openni_camera/src/openni_device.cpp @ 182 :
> starting depth stream failed. Reason: Xiron OS got an event timeout!
> """
> We are running it on a 64-bit 10.04 Ubuntu (on a PR2 robot) and are
> using the default branch from the following repository:
> https://kforge.ros.org/openni/openni_ros (changeset:   293:3f9482e82dd5).
> Anyone with an advice as to where to start debugging?
>
> cheers, D.
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Juan Rivera Bautista
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>

>> Hi, Thanks for all your help...
>> I finally solve my problem, installing the drivers from ROS, open_kinect.
>> I install openni and open_kinect from ROS, and don't install PrimeSensor...
>> I finally can get the image and the depth image...
>> Thanks...
>> Regards

Re: [Ros-kinect] [PCL-users] openni_device.cpp @ 159 : starting image stream failed. Reason: Bad Parameter sent to the device!

Suat Gedikli
Hey Dejan,
"Xiron OS got an event timeout!" basically means, that the XnSensorServer does not respond -> kill it!!!
-Suat
Suat