ROS with Kinect SDK

pnt1614
Instead of installing ROS drivers based on OpenNI or libfreenect, is there any ROS driver based on Kinect SDK? because I am doing a research using Kinect SDK so I cannot move to OpenNI now. I only need finger position, so maybe I can use ROS to get finger postions, then use Kinect SDK to manipulate it.

Is there anybody experienced this problem?. Please, help me.

Re: [Ros-kinect] ROS with Kinect SDK

Nicola Fioraio
Hi,

I think ROS supports only OpenNI because of its portability (Kinect SDK
is Microsoft's, right?). However, you could create a ROS stack which wraps
the Kinect SDK in the same way as PCL and OpenCV are wrapped.

cheers
--Nicola

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:32 AM, pnt1614 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Instead of installing ROS drivers based on OpenNI or libfreenect, is there
any ROS driver based on Kinect SDK? because I am doing a research using
Kinect SDK so I cannot move to OpenNI now. I only need finger position, so
maybe I can use ROS to get finger postions, then use Kinect SDK to
manipulate it.

Is there anybody experienced this problem?. Please, help me.

Re: ROS with Kinect SDK

Shokoofeh

Did you find a way to use official kinect SDK from Microsoft to use in ROS?

Thanks