Multiple Kinects using openni_camera

licong
Hi,

I am new to Kinect. I was trying to use two kinects with the openni_camera. I was able to get everything out of one camera. However, there are no information from the second camera. When running openni_node.launch, two cameras are detected, however, there are only topics of the first one.

I was hoping if anyone knows how can I make it work for two kinects using openni_camera. Do I have to change codes in the original package to do this?

Many thanks!!!

Licong

Re: Multiple Kinects using openni_camera

Suat Gedikli
Hi,
the openni_node.launch file just starts the first device found. So, either you need to start the node by yourself with different parameters, or you modify the launch file. If you look in the launch file, you will see, that it is possible to select a device by its index, bus:address or serial number (only for kinects, since primesense devices dont have a serial number)

Cheer,
Suat Gedikli
Suat